Monday, December 17, 2012

I have a blog now? Splendid.

When I was shaping this idea in my head all day, I didn't think it would lead to me starting a blog, but alas, here we are.  So what is the point of this thing?  I'll tell you.

I've had a bit of bad luck lately, and it's really been bringing me down.  As a way of keeping my spirit up, I've been consciously reminding myself about the facets of my life that are not only okay, but good even.  I have shelter, food, clothing, a job, and people who love me.  This is more than a lot of people around me have, which gave me an idea.


I am by no means a wealthy person.  There are months when my paycheck just doesn't seem to go as far as I need it to go.  Despite that, I know that I am lucky to be able to take care of my basic needs (and often my frivolous desires) in a way that so many people around me can't.  There are incredible agencies in my community that do their best to help people meet their needs, but those agencies have their own expenses.  So in this week leading up to Christmas, I want to highlight a few of my favorite local agencies that do a great service in the community and could use support.  I will be making donations to these agencies, and I hope you will consider doing the same.

Continuing past the Christmas season, I hope to use this space as a way to spotlight other things I think are splendid, be they agencies, products, destinations, or even just cool (probably orange) kitchen gadgets.

No comments:

Post a Comment