Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Reading and Changing the World? Splendid!

I've loved reading for as long as I can remember.  I visited my hometown library so often that the librarians would start to worry about me if they hadn't seen me in two weeks.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to read as much as I would have liked in college because I was doing the whole, you know, college thing.  As I've started to make my way in the world as an adult, I've been able to rediscover my love of reading.

In 2012 I made a conscious decision to read more for enjoyment, and I can definitely say this happened.  In the last 52 weeks, I have read 50 books.  Some books were fiction, some non-fiction.  I definitely took advantage of my local library, but I also have a habit of buying books.  My friend, Elizabeth, introduced me to the website Better World Books awhile back.  It's a great place to buy books, not only because the prices are incredible, but also because the company gives back to the community.  Every book purchased results in a book donated through the Book for Book project.

I know I'm not the only one who spends too much money on books, so next time you're looking for something in particular, or even just browsing, consider buying from Better World Books.  



No comments:

Post a Comment